Our core business is ship-husbandry of freighters and tankers including:
- IN-WATER CLASS SURVEYS
- PROPELLER POLISHING
- HULL CLEANING
- UW CUTTING AND WELDING
- Our diesel-hydraulic hull cleaning machines were designed to inflict a minimum amount of damage to a vessel’s paint system. They are of double and single brush design and have a maximum swath of 72 cms. Propeller polishing is done using the 3M system.
- Inspection equipment consists of state of the art video, CCTV and photographic equipment well maintained to assure quality and reliability.
- AVIMAR c.a. employs five full-time divers as well as contract divers, hired as necessary. Our newest full-time diver has been with the company for four years. As certified professionals, they are well versed in all aspects of commercial diving.
- Only divers meeting internationally recognized requirements and holding current medical certificates are employed.
- Before being allowed to work they must pass further rigid requirements set by the company. All our operations conform to the highest safety standards.
AVIMAR c.a. owns and operates its own, Venezuelan registry, 6 seat aircraft for equipment and crew transportation. Our Company president is a 2,700 hour multi-engine and instrument rated pilot with both Venezuelan and FAA licenses. This allows us to respond immediately wherever inspection work and emergency diving services are required in Venezuela and throughout the Caribbean.
Our newly completed 78′ dive-support vessel, M.V. Gaia, is fully equipped for all commercial diving activities with living quarters for 6 divers plus crew.